On 2/6/18 8:13 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> On 6 Feb 2018, at 8:04, Petr Špaček wrote:

>>> Yes, more friendly for web searches if someone is wondering about weird
>>> queries.
>>
>> Bonus points if we can get a number reserved by RFC editor, it would
>> allow us to use name like
>> test-rfc0000-is-ta-NNNN
>> test-rfc0000-not-ta-NNNN
>>
>> That would be super awesome.
>
> ...and super-unlikely, given the history of the RFC Series.
>
>> Is something like RFC number pre-allocation possible?
Not really, nor is specifying them. Allocation is the domain of the RFC
editor and occurs once they enter the editor queue. until then they're
just internet drafts.

Naming something properly can with specific instructions be done at the
time of editing. as for example is done with IANA instructions,
references and so on... That's pretty much the opposite of early allocation.