The BCP14 keyword compliance question sounds like a worthwhile exercise,
but I can't do it this week.   I'm certainly not deliberately violating the
specification.   As to what implementation it is, it's a modification to
the mDNSResponder code base to support mDNS queries over the mDNS relay
protocol.   I suppose "interoperating" was the wrong choice of words—I have
two different services talking to each other: one is a Discovery Relay, and
the other is a Discovery Proxy.   I'd really like to get some other
implementation to test against—are you volunteering?   :)