On 21 September 2018 at 09:12, Dan York <y...@isoc.org> wrote:

> I do think this is a path we need to go.  We need *something* like CNAME
> at the apex.  Either CNAME itself or something that works in the same way
> but might have a different name.

I would still like to see something SRV-like for HTTP, but I realize that's
going to be a long slog .. getting the HTTP folks on board, and getting it
defined and deployed.  I don't see any value in pursuing re-defining CNAME,
because the install-base prevents that from being useful to anyone until a
significant number of recursive resolvers are updated. So.. I think ANAME
is the short term solution we need.