> On 20 Sep 2018, at 07:13, Mukund Sivaraman <m...@mukund.org> wrote:
>
> I don't follow how ANAME, if resolvers have to implement it, can be
> deployed within a few years,

Resolvers don’t “have to”  implement it: resolver support is just an
optimisation that helps when the target is on a CDN. ANAME is mostly just a
provisioning side hack to automatically keep address records up-to-date, so it
can be deployed unilaterally and it will “just work” with existing software.

The other options we have been discussing require a forklift upgrade before
they can be relied on, and until that is complete they offer no advantage to
zone publishers.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at