Ray Bellis <r...@bellis.me.uk> wrote:
> On 07/11/2018 00:28, Tony Finch wrote:
>
> >    * General purpose (also works for ssh, databases, etc) vs HTTP-specific
>
> I just wanted to address this particular point, again.
>
> IMHO, any record that doesn't support a service selector isn't doing its job
> properly.

Yes.

My point above is to do with what existing ANAME-like things expect client
software to do, i.e. connecting to hosts rather than services. It isn't a
judgment about what's good, but an observation about what is done. And it
raises questions about trade-offs between compatibiliy with the installed
base or improving things for the future. I don't have the answers :-)

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
a fair voting system for all elections