On Feb 7, 2019, at 10:06 AM, Petr Špaček <petr.spa...@nic.cz> wrote:
> We (as developers in our office) all have had gut feeling that NS is
> mandatory but we could not find it in the RFCs.

I hate to say it, but we should really make sure that this is actually stated
somewhere where it can reasonably be found.   If it is not, we should state it.
  Petr was completely sensible to think it was the case but not be sure.
Saying that it is the case, and why it is the case, would be helpful.   This is
something that I hadn’t really thought through before Petr asked the question,
but I’d been wondering about it too because the question comes up in the DNSSD
Discovery Proxy code I’m working on (I assumed the answer was yes).