It might be worth clarifying what the actual scope of this proposal is.  I
think that the idea is to say “look, if you want to use a private name, these
names are known to be safe.”   It’s not to say “the IETF hereby declares that
the following names are safe,” but rather “the IETF is reporting that these
names have been declared safe by this other SDO.”

The point of making this recommendation is that we know that people will have
reasons to privately use domains that have not been allocated to them out of
the global namespace, and we’ve seen the problems that such private allocations
cause when they are done in an unsafe manner.  The advice here is on how to
avoid making that mistake.   It’s not a TLD allocation by IETF: those TLDs are
already effectively allocated.

Is that about right?