I do think the semantic meaning of the label is worth thinking about, and I am wary of particular scripts or languages being chosen arbitrarily. ...

Part of Roy's pitch was that the reserved two letter codes like .ZZ are equally meaningless in most languages.

- has the advice to anchor a private namespace in a registered domain in the private namespace really been received and judged to be insufficient? Or has it just not been received? Could such advice be delivered in a more effective way?

How long have wee been telling people to anchor their private namespace on a registered name? It's on the order of a decade, I believe, and it's clear that for whatever reason people want something that's easy to type.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY