On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 01:38:58PM -0400, Joe Abley wrote:
> I don't think primary/secondary are exact substitutes for master/slave in
> the way that those four terms are commonly used today.
[...]
> If we are looking for alternative terminology to master/slave (which I am
> not against, because change is a constant and inclusiveness and awareness
> amongst all industries is surely to be supported and encouraged) in my
> opinion we should find new words and not redefine or overload the common
> meaning of primary and secondary.

I share the desire for perfection, but IMHO the transition from "master"
to "primary" and "slave" to "secondary" is far enough under way and well
enough understood at this point that I suspect it would be easier to add
modifiers when necessary than to try to deploy new vocabulary entirely.

--
Evan Hunt -- e...@isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.