On 23/07/2020 18:44, Tim Wicinski wrote:

> Actually, that does make sense. Though we also have to expect that these
> existing terminology will not be replaced in the lexicon overnight.
>
> The Chairs plan on having a few slides on this whole topic, as we've
> been thinking about it for some time.

Could I please throw into the mix a requirement that whatever terms we
come up with are also usable as verbs.

"master" and "slave" are both nouns and verbs.   It's very common to say
"this zone is slaved from <hostname>" and it's completely gramatically
correct.

I have been trying to avoid those words in my own language recently, but
using "primary" and "secondary" ends up creating some very awkward
language constructs because those are only adjectives and nouns and
there's no such word as "secondaried".

Ray