On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 2:01 PM Paul Vixie <paul=
40redbarn....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

> Wessels, Duane wrote on 2021-12-15 13:17:
> >
> > On one hand I think it would be a lot simpler to just say that only
> address records can be glue.  But I’m not sure that is defendable given the
> directions things are going.  Here’s a definition of glue that I came up
> with:
> >
> > Glue is non-authoritative data in a zone that is transmitted in the
> additional section of a referral response on the basis that the data might
> be necessary for resolution to proceed at the referred name servers.

> if glue is non-authoritative data in a zone then it has to be below a
> zone cut; you might make that clear.

Overly-pedantic clarification on wording/semantics:

   - Glue is non-authoritative data in a zone, where the owner name of that
   glue data is below some zone cut (or otherwise out-of-zone, like
   different-TLD, if that is even permitted by the zone owner's policies.)

> if glue is in a zone it will be carried by zone transfers not just
> referrals; you might make that clear.
>
> otherwise, +1.

Also +1.

Brian