> Il 20/10/2022 10:15 CEST Eliot Lear <l...@lear.ch> ha scritto:
>
> As a matter of practicality, a registry surely will be form.  It is
> simply a matter of whether the IANA will host it.  If the IANA does not
> host it, then by shifting it elsewhere this group is actually weakening
> the IANA function, and that would be sad.

But IANA is not the registry for everything under the sun, it is the registry
for things that fall under the purview of the IETF and are part of IETF
standards. If we agree that names under .alt do not belong to and at the IETF,
then it makes no sense for IANA to register them, nor this would be a wound to
its role.

--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bert...@open-xchange.com