Warren and I believe that the changes in draft-ietf-dnsop-alt-tld-18 meet all
of the concerns in the message that started this thread, and thus it is ready
for WG Last Call.

We note that there are still some people who want a registry of some sort for
names that would appear under .alt, but it feels like the number of people who
want no registry is larger, and it also is clear that the people who want a
registry don't agree on the rules or location for that potential registry.
During WG Last Call, if there is a consensus (decided by the chairs, not the
authors) for one proposal for a registry, we can add it to the draft.

--Paul Hoffman