On 05May23, Warren Kumari apparently wrote:

> I think that a parent should check if the name servers that are
> being proposed actually answer for the domain[0], and strongly
> suggest (but do not prevent) that that be fixed[1].

"Strongly suggest" is definitely as far as I would go because you may
have a bit if a chicken and egg problem. Some processes may prefer to
configure the parent first while others may wish to configure the
delegated name servers first.

More specifically, I have a no-configuration reverse server which
deduces its NS details from the delegation (the goal being to minimize
duplication of configuration information). It's impossible for it to
be configured and serve correctly without first gaining information
from the delegating parent.

Mark.