dnssec-deployment subscribers,

Last night customers on Comcast’s network were unable to get to the site to
order HBO’s new “HBO NOW” streaming service announced at the Apple event
yesterday.  While people naturally jumped on Twitter to blame Comcast, in this
case it seems to be HBO’s error in how they configured the Domain.

I wrote up this analysis:

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/blog/2015/03/hbo-now-dnssec-misconfiguration-makes-site-unavailable-from-comcast-networks-fixed-now/

or shortened - http://wp.me/p4eijv-5I9

Comments, corrections and other feedback are definitely welcome (and I can
easily update the post if others have more info or insight).

Also… did any of you see your customers or others tweeting out about being
blocked from ordering HBO NOW?    It would be great if I could broaden the
article to *show* from customer comments that this was more than just a
“Comcast issue”.

I’m assuming Google’s Public DNS *should* have also blocked the HBO NOW site,
but I wasn’t able to find any tweets to that effect.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/