On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 11:51:08AM -0400,
 Andrew Sullivan <a...@anvilwalrusden.com> wrote
 a message of 26 lines which said:

> If you let the registration lapse, you effectively say that you
> don't care about it.  I'm not surprised that registrars are doing
> all in their power to find another person to pay for the
> registration.

Making the domain unresolvable (for instance putting it "on hold" at
the registry) is understandable. Serving a spurious A/AAAA record to
redirect to a Web site with a warning is more questionable.

Serving a rogue MX record is an absolute No-No: it serves no purpose
besides stealing email. ICANN should stop talking about its love for
"security and stability" while it does not address problesm like that.

Note that gimp.org is a different case: there was no hijacked MX,
unlike the Network Solutions case analyzed by Paul Wouters.