Hi Nadeem,
Let's start with the Apache repo, (GitHub - apache/openoffice-docs: Apache
OpenOffice Documentation
<https://github.com/apache/openoffice-docs/tree/main>). To see the Getting
Started files, you have to switch to the Getting-Sarted-Guide (sic)
branch.  There is a button fairly near the top of the screen with a drop
down list that you can use to switch branches. It probably will say Main
when you first access the site. When you change it to Getting-Sarted-Guide,
you should see two folders: Published and Review. The documents in
Published have been moved there by Keith. The documents in Review are as
they were after I modified the originals and need to be reviewed. In the
Review folder, you can click on, say, AOO41GS4.odt. That will take you to a
new page with a Download button on the right side. Click that and you
should get the document.

My repository has the same Review folder, though not all of the branches of
the Apache repo, and you can also download from there. You just have to
switch to the desired branch, as in the Apache repo. You could also just
clone the whole repo onto your system.

The procedure for editing has been rather clumsy so far. Dick Groskamp
(user DiGro) downloaded the documents, made suggested changes while
recording them (menu Edit -> Changes -> Record in Writer) and then emailed
the document to me on my personal email, I then accepted the changes, made
any other changes, and pushed the document to my repository. There has to
be a better way to do that but Dick ran into problems pushing commits to my
repository. Let's not worry about that at the moment. If you can just
download a document, that will be a good start.

I cannot make any changes on the Apache repo because I am not a commiter on
the project. Keith has to handle everything on that repo.

As for developing new content, you can certainly do that. What gets done on
an Apache project is up to the volunteers and the only limits are the need
to keep the project compatible with the Apache license other such legal
requirements, e.g. don't violate trademarks or copyrights. Since the email
is too long already, I will just mention two possible kinds of new content
that span the range of possible documents. A few months ago, someone
suggested writing some Quick Start materials. The Getting Started guide is
about 300 pages and rather intimidating. That could probably be done
relatively quickly. If you want to go big, there is no Base guide at all.
That would probably be 300 pages and require knowing the Base application
quite well.

Francis