On 2021-06-02 14:05, F Campos Costero wrote:
Greetings Francis and Comments in line.

> Hi Nadeem,
> What I have been working on for a while now is updating the user guides.
> The old guides are available at [1]. Keith has set up a Git repository [2]
> where a branch is dedicated to each guide. I forked that repository [3] and
> I have done initial revisions of the Getting Started guide and the Writer
> guide. I am slowly working my way through the Calc guide and I am about
> half done with that. As far as I know, only the first three chapters of the
> Getting Started guide (A0041GS1.odt - A0041GS3.odt) have been reviewed by
> anyone else.  If you are willing to jump into reviewing the other chapters,
> there is plenty to do. Each guide is a few hundred pages and each chapter
> is typically 20 - 40 pages.

I apologize for that Francis. Some things in my personal life came up in
mid-May that took a lot of my time.  I am at this point back working on
reviewing Chapter 4 of the getting started guide.
Some new information on who the Copyright holder should be listed as on
the copyright page. It should be The Apache Software Foundation.Also
traditionally we follow the American English use headline style
capitalization. Follow American English capitalization guidelines for
headings. Capitalize the first letter of every word except conjunctions,
articles, prepositions of fewer than four letters, and the "to" in
infinitives.  I am doing this as I review the the chapters of the
Getting Started Guide.

> The documentation process was dormant for quite a while and Keith has been
> trying hard to revive it. We have just recently started to use Git and we
> may well have to change the process as we learn how to work with it. Are
> you familiar with Git? We only use the most basic features.

I am making some changes know that I believe will help with the process
of review and merging. Instead of using review and release folders for
each branch I am adding Guide Folders in Main that will always hold the
currently published complete guide as well as the chapters.This should
make the review and merge process much easier.I will make the changes in
GitHub today.

I am also going to create a how to contribute guide as well as some
style guides, that will give some guidance on Heading styles and other
things so that we create a consistent look and feel across the
documentation we create.

Regards
Keith