On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 8:54 AM F Campos Costero <fjcc.apa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, May 21, 2023 at 12:07 PM Keith N. McKenna <
> keith.mcke...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> F Campos Costero wrote:
>> > I do see problems with the figures when I use the menu Insert -> File
>> on a
>> > blank document to insert AOO41GS2.odt. Instead of a problem with one
>> > figure, I saw problems with figures 2,4,11,12, and 17. The document
>> showed
>> > a placedholder rather than the actual figure. I could delete the
>> > placeholder and copy and paste the figures from the chapter file in
>> most of
>> > the cases. For figures 12 and 17, I had to delete the frame intended to
>> > hold the figure, delete the placeholder (which was somehow not in the
>> > frame), insert a new frame, and then copy over the figure from the
>> chapter
>> > file.
>> > If you turn on View -> Nonprinting Characters, you can see that figures
>> 12
>> > and 17 are unusual. The figure caption is preceded by several empty
>> > paragraphs. I bet I did something wrong when I inserted those figures
>> long
>> > ago.
>> > I inserted AOO41GS3.odt without any problems.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Francis
>> >
>> > On Wed, May 17, 2023 at 11:21 AM F Campos Costero <
>> fjcc.apa...@gmail.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >

>> Hi Francis;
>>
>> Thank you for looking into this. The files to be used are all at the top
>> level. The ones in ForWiki, already have all the front matter in them
>> and are strictly to create the PDFs and chapter files for distribution
>> on the mwiki.
>>
>> The problem was with figure 4 in AOO41GS2, which would be figure 5 in
>> the complete book.
>>
>> If you can correct whatever you find and finish compiling the book it
>> would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith
>>

>> Hi Keith
>>
>  I'll try to compile the whole text and see how it goes.
> Francis

Keith,
I compiled all of the AOO41GS#.odt files into a file named AllChapters.odt.
I had to reinsert a figure or two in most of the chapters. After saving it
and taking a break, I scrolled through the whole document looking for
missing figures both among the numbered figures in frames and the in-line
images that show individual toolbar icons. That was very tedious, so I'm
not highly confident I didn't miss anything. However, I didn't see any
missing figures. There is a comment on page 251 that needs to be resolved.
I'm not sure what you would like for the next step. I could just push the
AllChapters file (with a different name?) to the top level folder of the
repository, or I can make it available separately.
Regards,
Francis