On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM, David Nelson <comme...@traduction.biz> wrote:
> I just wanted to point one thing out to everyone as regards the
> subject of Drupal. There have been many postings on many of the TDF
> mailing lists about Drupal, but - in reality - there has been no
> official decision to adopt a Drupal site at the moment, not for
> documentation and not for anything else. No official decision could be
> taken before The Document Foundation [TDF] has a board of directors,
> at which time the board of directors will take any such decision.

The steering committee has given the website team a mandate for the
rapid-up temporary site with a Drupal replacement being implemented
within 6 months. (Note that this will not replace the wiki)
It is now up to the website team to develop the tools in Drupal in
order to meet the needs of every part of the community. If this cannot
be done for a given team then we can consider using other tools.

> As for the handling of documentation by a Drupal site, that would
> first depend on a decision being taken to adopt Drupal as a tool for
> the docs team.

I totally agree with allowing the individual teams drive the
development of the tools they want to use, and almost anything is
possible using the Drupal framework.
Can I encourage people to throw up ideas of the tools they want the
website team to build rather than perpetuating the myth that Drupal
document management is fixed. It is flexible and fluid, and as long as
the ideas are well formulated and logical, we can build them in
Drupal.

Michael Wheatland