On 2011/01/12 6:49 AM  Alexander Thurgood wrote:
I agree, however, that completely rewriting the documentation / guides,
etc, just to take into account the specificities of Mac vocabulary is
not a route that I am going to go down. If Larry wants to make Mac
specific guides just for that platform then he is quite welcome to do so
as far as I'm concerned :-))

I am not and am not about to become a documentation writer. However, it is very important to have correct terminology for users learning a program.

I have lost count of the number of times Mac users on help forums have stated they can not find "Tools/Options" after being referred to that setting by a user guide or help file (or a non Mac user trying to give support). The correct location is "OpenOffice.org/Preferences". An experienced Mac user will probably figure it out for themselves since that is the usual location for preference settings on a Mac. But a new Mac user will not know that.

Many people are switching to Macs. Many of them may try LibreOffice. However, if the documentation is inaccurate, they will be unlikely to continue using it.

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas