Hi Helmar, :-)

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 22:44, Helmar <tuc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree David... I just joined the docs team but I'm a little lost with some
> stuff... I joined Alfresco too but what documentation is the oficial version
> to be translated?

We always post the latest finalized version of documents or the wiki
at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation

However, the English docs team stores its work on
http://alfresco.libreoffice.org / http://documentation.libreoffice.org
(they are the two Web-facing interfaces of the same Alfresco ECM
[Enterprise Content Management] system).

So the bleeding edge of English docs work can be found on Alfresco.

> How can I get access to Alfresco?

I created a user account for you at http://alfresco.libreoffice.org /
http://documentation.libreoffice.org and I've mailed you the details
plus some Alfresco-related documentation to get you started.

If you'd like to use Alfresco for translations of existing English
LibreOffice documentation or for creating your own adapted/new
content, it's no problem at all, and we can give you any help you
need. For instance, you can have your own dedicated team space
containing all the "latest and greatest" content available for
translation.

It would probably be a good idea to discuss the idea with your other
team members beforehand and see if you have a general consensus about
using Alfresco, so that no-one is duplicating work. If you guys do
decide to go with Alfresco, then please give me a heads-up and I/we
will do whatever necessary to set things up for you and help you get
started.

At the present moment, there's no self-registration on Alfresco, so
you'd need to give us a nudge here to create the necessary user
accounts.

David Nelson