On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 04:27 -0400, Marc Paré wrote:

> Le 2011-06-23 02:30, David Nelson a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > My 2 cents would be that the best format for guides is .odt, plus a
> > publication of the user-ready version in PDF.
> >
> > I don't think an HTML version would really be a useful idea.
> >
> > --
> > David Nelson
> >
> I will chime in as well. I would rather see the ODF versions first and
> the .pdf only if needed. We are, after all, telling people that we have
> the best office suite on earth, so let's prove it! It does work!. I
> would even go as far as not publishing any .pdf versions. People needing
> documentation will have LibreOffice to read the ODF files. I would only
> supply .pdf files if it involved anything with the installation of
> LibreOffice.
>
> Cheers
>
> Marc
>
> --
> Marc Paré
> http://www.parEntreprise.com

I agree with ODF formats for our documentation and then other versions
as needed latter. When they are made, when can state the where
saved/exported for the LO, plugging some of the other capabilities of
LO.

I would not use htiml unless someone cleans up the code. Most program
generated html I have seen is very difficult to follow, debug, and
maintain without someone cleaning it up. Ofteh I have found myself
redoing the pages with hand coding only.
--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com