On 7/5/2011 8:38 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Gary you don't seem like someone that is qualified to give legal advice such as
that.  I'm not sure you would accept responsibility and pay costs if your advice
if damages were incurred as a result of taking your legal advice.  Sadly we do
not live in a simplistic children's story book.

Regards from
Tom :)

Microsoft makes its money from selling products--not suing people. Besides, the desktop computer will become a relic for most users within five or ten years--probably already, to a degree. Even the laptops will go the same route.

Microsoft has bigger fish to fry in evolving its business model in order to remain competitive than to worry about trifles like screenshots of its (unsupported, even...) XP silver GUI employed in documents. The legalese you refer to is simply the routine boilerplate wording that virtually all developers and others employ on their copyright pages. I am bemused (and Jean and others probably too) that time and effort was spent needlessly on changing the former screenshots.

Gary
--

Gary Schnabl
Southwest Detroit, two miles NORTH! of Canada--Windsor, that is...

Technical Editor forum <http://TechnicalEditor.LivernoisYard.com/phpBB3/>