Hi :)
Lol.  Why all this change of direction?  and why did this suddenly occur
moments
AFTER Jean left for a couple of weeks?

Ignoring the advice of legal experts based on a quick read of a children's
fairy
story does not make any sense to me.  From a quick google search
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_v._TomTom
http://en.swpat.org/wiki/Microsoft_v._TomTom_%282008,_USA%29
MS sued a company for using fat32, not even the more advanced Ntfs, and won.
Fat32 is pretty much the standard system used by the vast majority  of people
on
external storage devices.  Being unaware of court actions and being unaware of
the strategy MS uses (such as buying-up software patents) does not make us safe
from those issues.

It would be really paranoid to think that Gary might be an MS employee but he
is
using fairly standard tactics that would normally be designed by a competitor
disrupt a community-led group.

Regards from
Tom :)