Hi :)
Gary if you think you have pin-pointed one of the mysterious but
increasingly rare "vanishing graphics" bugs then please do add that
information to one of the bug-reports about this.

A couple of years ago this mailing-list did seem to help eradicate one
of the other rare "vanishing graphics" bugs by trouble-shooting down
one of the most 'common' occurrences of the bug(s) at that time.
Since then the problem has been so rare that further trouble-shooting
has been impractical.

Thanks and regards from
Tom :)