On 05/28/2015 12:55 AM, Jean Weber wrote:
As you probably know, the next version of LibreOffice (due out in late
July) will be version 5.0. A Beta1 version is available; it is in
dev-configuration and will install alongside your existing LibreOffice
installation. (Beta2 is due out next week.)

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan/5.0#5.0.0_release
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.0

We really should publish at least the Getting Started Guide for v5.0
reasonably close to the time the program is released, don't you agree?

The most recent GS book is for v4.2. I had put all the chapters into a
new template in preparation for people to update content for v4.4; I
did a trivial amount of updating on a few chapters; PeterS and I
updated Chapter 9, but AFAIK nothing else ever got done.

At this point we should skip GS v4.4 and try to do a book for v5.0.
You could start with the chapters here (which are in the new template:
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/draft-lo-4.4
Update them and return them to
http://www.odfauthors.org/libreoffice/english/getting-started/draft-lo-5.0
And be sure to put your initials and the date in the relevant boxes on
the Task List, so others know that you've checked out or returned a
chapter.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UserGuideTasks#Getting_Started_Guide

If you need some guidance,
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development#First_steps_with_the_Documentation_team

And if you'd like to take over the role of "leader", coordinator,
herder of cats for Documentation, *please* do so.

--Jean Weber

I have downloaded "Getting Started with Base" (GS4408-Base.odt) this morning. I
am going on a week's vacation beginning June 3, so I may need until mid June to finish my
editing. FYI: Since Dec 24, 2013, I have been writing my autobiography putting it into
ePUB format in 3 parts. First 2 parts done (total 156,000 words).

   Dan