Hello all
I encountered a severe gust 90 degrees to the runway I had just landed on.
I held full rudder and avoided a ground loop but I tore up the tail wheel
tire. I ordered a 4.80 x 2.50 tire and tube set from Aircraft Spruce
and when received I found that the tire, branded Specialty Tires of
America, is made in China (go figure) and the tube is made in Viet Nam.
When I try to mount the tire and tube combination on the two part wheel I
find that the inner diameter of the tube is just small enough that when I
tuck the tube to clear two of the bolts the tube pulls toward the center
and pinches in the area of the third bolt. I have tried no air in the tube,
moderate air and full air in the tube. I have now torn two holes in the
tube and no joy in getting the two halves together. I need the wisdom of
the DOG to get back in the air.
Thank you in advance
Kurt