thanks ian, that is quite generous. I'll keep trying, let you know where I
end up.
I hear you Rob, and because you shared the fear. I check airbrake function
as per your instructions after every assembly, and do a slightly less
complete check ( Kristin at controls, I hold brake shut, call and respond.
Kristin then pulls full brake, I feel around the perimeter, then grab the
brake and hold tight while Kristin moves lever and calls "resistance". I
release, she closes, and I verify full closure) before each flight.
I went to fuel up one frosty morning and the airbrakes had frozen shut -
very disturbing sensation to pull the handle and get no movement at all !!!
Any opinion Nigel ? Thickness of airbrake ? Adjust turnbuckle for more
closure tension on cable ? If I recall correctly, the adjustment turnbuckle
is right there behind the keel inspection panel at the copilot left hip.
Any specs for the airbrake/box closure spring ?

Cheers