G'day again Kurt,
Something to consider....
Hoffman and Diamond made undercarriage bows which varied in the profile of
the section which sits under the fuselage. This means that there are a few
types of the metal straps.
I have experienced two types. Maybe there are more. My experience was that
if you get the wrong metal strap....it just won't fit.

regards
Rob

Rob Thompson
0429 493 828