> On 30 September 2014 at 14:33 Ralph Corderoy <ra...@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Hi Terry,
>
> > I believe that the management are not really sure what they want in
> > terms of functionality so are looking for suggestions. We have
> > discussed this locally
>
> What's the nature of the information you want to share? Considered blog
> posts? One-line Q&A? A curated resource of information?

That's part of the problem; they're not really sure.  I think it might function
as a newsletter in some scenarios, but with the ability to accept comments,
where appropriate.  In other scenarios, it might be used to seed ideas, with
inline drawings / photographs, etc to really get over the message.  The key I
think is engagement.  When Groklaw was at it height it was generating hundreds
of responses to each article, with ideas flying thick and fast.  I don't believe
a mailing list (as suggested elsewhere) will work like that for people who
aren't necessarily technical, whereas an active blog or Facebook type solution
might, because of the multimedia element.

As a bonus, it might also be useful to have the ability to collaborate on
documents etc.

I think we are looking for suggestions to see what might be the most attractive.
 Does anyone have any experience of Corporate Social Networks (linux based or
otherwise)?