On 26/09/2026 11:19, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
We're not seeing the verbatim text, but the / at the end of the first
field in the fstab(5) entry looks wrong; the one which appears to butt
up with the ‘/mnt/’ which follows.  Also, the fstab entry shouldn't have
/mnt as the second field, but /mnt/Optiplex_Backups, again with no
trailing slash.
Thanks for spotting the errors in my entry.  Unfortunately, I still can't make the fstab entry work.
Other commands to poke about are:

     smbclient -L readynas
That works and I am able to list the shares on my server and see all the backup files.
     smbtree -N

This no longer works on my version of smb.

So.  Can we try this from another direction, because I suspect that I am getting lost in a maze of spaces and slashes.  As mentioned before the path to the main backup is:

smb://[email protected]/TerryJColes/Backups/Optiplex/Duplicity/OptiPlex/

What should the fstab entry be to allow me to mount that folder? I have created a local credentials file in etc.

--

Terry Coles


--
 Next meeting: Online, Jitsi, Tuesday, 2026-10-06 20:00
 Check to whom you are replying
 Meetings, mailing list, IRC, ...  https://dorset.lug.org.uk
 New thread, don't hijack:  mailto:[email protected]

Reply via email to