Hi Terry,

> >      sudo -i mount -m -t cifs "$remote" "$local" -o "$option"
>
> Yes.  That works and Deja Dup is reading the files in as we speak.

Good.

Do not forget to unmount when you have finished.
I don't know enough about CIFS to know if harm may otherwise be caused,
but it would be normal to do

    sudo -i umount -v /mnt/Optiplex_Backups
    sudo -i umount -v /mnt/Optiplex_Backups

The first should say it has been unmounted,
the second that it is not mounted so can't be unmounted.

> How much of all that do I have to repeat, each time I want to backup
> or restore?  All of it, or just some of it?

I'll answer in a bit when I've more time.

-- 
Cheers, Ralph.

-- 
  Next meeting: Online, Jitsi, Tuesday, 2026-10-06 20:00
  Check to whom you are replying
  Meetings, mailing list, IRC, ...  https://dorset.lug.org.uk
  New thread, don't hijack:  mailto:[email protected]

Reply via email to