Sajay,

If you can get it to work, that would be great info to mention.  I am used
to the command line, mainly because I work with Rotor in FreeBSD where
there is no VS.NET ide -).

Let us know your results if you try it.

Thanks,

Robert Hurlbut
http://weblogs.asp.net/rhurlbut

On Fri, 28 May 2004 16:52:11 +0400, Sajay Antony <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Thank you for the response.
>
>The thing I noted was that rotor builds with vs environment setup. With
>reference to the VM part.So I believe the c++ compiler is used I would
like
>to know why is the vs.net environment setup necessary if otherwise. This
is
>my understanding do correct me if im wrong.
>
>Also debuggin can be started with devenv again with the IDE and the code
>breaks and then we can debug with the IDE.
>
>So out of all this dependency with visual studio I believe we should be
able
>to atleast build the vm part of rotor done in c++ using the IDE .
>
>I do not know if I have misunderstood anything.  I agree building the C#
>bcls would be a difference story but the CLR part should build as its in
C++
>and asm. Am I wrong in thinking so.
>
>Thank you for you time.
>
>Regards
>Sajay

This list is hosted by DevelopMentorŪ  http://www.develop.com
ASP.NET courses you may be interested in:

Guerrilla ASP.NET
15 March 2004, in Boston, MA
17 May 2004 in Torrance, CA
7 June 2004, London, UK