On Aug 13, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Mike Abbott wrote:

Error: UIVALIDITY changed: %d -> %d

Did you test with a single user or multiple users? imaptest's support for testing multiple users is currently a bit broken, but this shouldn't happen with a single user..

This error happens with clients=1, clients=10 and clients=100.

I mean the user parameter, do you use user=something or user=something %d or similar to specify one/multiple different users where imaptest logs on to?

Error: user%d[%d]: <...>: Header CC changed
Error: user%d[%d]: <...>: Header DELIVERED-TO changed
Error: user%d[%d]: <...>: Header FROM changed

These shouldn't be happening as long as you use a test mbox file that has unique Message-ID headers. Were you using the recommended dovecot-crlf as the input?

I passed in your dovecot-crlf file to imaptest, but the message store was cloned from elsewhere first. So you're saying that dovecot only works with special hand-crafted input, and not with real-world mail? Hmmm.... :) :)

Actually I do see plenty of duplicate Message-ID headers in the mail store (not from your input file). I'll investigate that further. Thanks for the tip.

Dovecot doesn't care about any of that, but imaptest's state tracking requires that Message-ID header uniquely identifies a mail.

So the imaptest run was done with a mailbox that already contained other data? Can you break if if you try with an empty mailbox where only imaptest starts appending new mails?