Le 17 oct. 2023 à 16:34, Marc <m...@f1-outsourcing.eu> a écrit :

     The problem is a bit what everyone understands as s3. I associate
     this indeed also with an http endpoint on object storage. But the
     ceph
     plugin skips this http and talks directly to object store. I don't
     think
     you would like to operate on this http level. If I look at this page
     of
     ceph[1], it also looks like you do not want to get yourself involved
     in
     deduplication.

     [1]
     https://docs.ceph.com/en/reef/dev/deduplication/

     Moreover, following Filip remark about block deduplication, having
     any kind
     of deduplication that is not optimized for the email case (where
     attachments are always embed in slightly different documents) would
     make it
     ineffective.

Dovecot has this option to store attachments separately not? So I am not sure
this is then still a problem.

Interesting. How do you tell dovecot to do that ?

          Is it really worse bothering deploying a whole Ceph cluster
          for that ?

     No you should not get ceph just for this. But ceph brings you nice
     redundancy, distributed storage. I am totally fan of it.

Me too. I’m using it extensively to store multi terabytes of data, but it may
be overkill if you don’t need all of this.