Richard

I emptied the windows temporary folder (I do that regularly anyway) but it
did not help.

Shawn

I have reloaded the Windows script (the current version for 98 did not need
a patch) but still can't install the search bar. However I do get the
folowing error when trying to register or unregister the .dll "LoadLibrary
("C:/ ....") failed GetLastError returns 0x00000485". I have tried both
from the start menu & from a DOS box. A quick search (on Google) suggested
I needed the VBRun 6 files which I have installed but I still get the same
error when trying to register the .dll & still can't install the search
bar. I copied the .dll to the win/system but that does not help.