Monty Scroggins delicately suggests RTFM...

> I _think_here have been posts about this problem in the past.  I can't
> remember what the problem/fix was..   Can you go to the list archive
and
> search around?  You might find some info that will help..
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dqsd-users@lists.sourceforge.net/

Got it in one, Monty, thanks! Changed OneNote to autostart for this
particular project I'm on that I'm using it a lot for. And it got itself
loaded before DQSD got there. I only saw it after the crash, since that
was the first reboot after the change to OneNote. So I changed the
hotkey to Win-Q for QuickSearch in preferences.js, and all is well and
happy.