This is exactly the same problem with all of the King Features Syndicate
comics.
http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/comics.htm
I tried to figure it out a few times, but I never could get a working
solution. Maybe, DQSD could create a temporary popup window with the
official URL and some script to pass back the URL of the fetched comic
image. I'm not sure how to do that, but it seems feasible, at least.

Hmmm I took a peek at this one..  There is a problem in that the comic
image is served up through a content management system.   If I extract
the URL of the image and attempt to fetch it directly, there is an error
generated  -  no referer.  In other words, it looks to me that the comic
will only be served up via the nwsource.com site..   I could be
mis-interpreting what is going on, and someone else might have an idea
on how to work around it..

Monty