Couldn't you use xmlhttp to download the image locally
(you can fake the referer I believe) and then point to
the local copy of the image in the file generated by
comx.xml?

BTW, I added all the editorial (political) comics and
was wondering if anyone else was interested in me
checking these changes in to comx.xml?

Brent

http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/comics.htm