Win7 Ultimate, and my transparency is fine...

I tried sub'ing in all your files and got (1). Why the color is different I
can't tell. I compared both directories and didn't find any difference that
could account for it.

I reapplied my customizations and got (2). I'm going to go with it - it's an
improvement anyway.

Thanks for all your help!