Hello Tom,

I take it you have tried adjusting C-130 to equalize the sound from each
sideband.  Have you checked C130 for damage? eg. a hairline crack in the
ceramic?
There is a chance that the filters have drifted out of the passband,  this
is more common in TR3s but if you have an early TR4, they have the same type
filter.  If this is the case, you will have to find a parts rig to obtain
replacement filters.
Check the IF alignment along with the filter match alignment.  What happens
when you adjust C130?
Good Luck,
Jim,     kc4ee
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Laird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 12:23 PM
Subject: [drakelist] TR-4 with one distorted sideband


>
> I an trying to fix a TR-4 with one distorted sideband for a local old
> timer. I already replaced the
>  9.000mhz crystal hoping that was the problem, but didn't fix it. Now I
> am thinking it may be one of the filters. but it hard to figure out
> which one because of the funky way Drake does it's sideband switching.
> Am I on the right track? And how can I tell which filter may have the
> problem? One more question. What frequencies are the two filters suppose
> to pass?
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in
body
> Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in
body
> Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
> Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.543 / Virus Database: 337 - Release Date: 11/21/2003

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to