I had several list members say that Drake had problems with LSB filters.
I took mine out and ran it through a test and it indeed does appear to
be bad compared to the USB filter. I just ran a signal generator in one
side of the filter and the scope to the output and the LSB should pass
8.9985, but appears to pass somewhat lower approx. 600 cycles and
nowhere near the gain compared to the USB filter
at 9.0015.

Inrad sells filters for $110, but they are 2.5khz wide instead of 2.1.
Better sounding audio, but not as good for crowded bands.

Tom Laird WC9M
Moline, IL.

-----Original Message-----
On a related subject, I have a problem on my R4-B that has been bugging
me. The LSB response is down several S units from the USB response.
This is AFTER a careful alignment of the radio per the manual using lab
grade equipment, including tweaking the passband adjustments (I have
done these on several other R4-X radios with great results).  The
selectivity seems to work normally, except for the asymmetry.  I did
skip para 6.4.4 part 8, the crystal filter "wire twisting" adjustment -
could this filter response be related (roofing filter drift, etc)?

I did not dig into the radio to pin down the problem, but would like
your (or anyone else's) thoughts if you have seen this before or have a
suggestion where to look. Otherwise, it's a beautiful receiver.

Rocco N6KN

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to