Al,

On a related subject, I have a problem on my R4-B that has been bugging me.
The LSB response is down several S units from the USB response.  This is
AFTER a careful alignment of the radio per the manual using lab grade
equipment, including tweaking the passband adjustments (I have done these on
several other R4-X radios with great results).  The selectivity seems to
work normally, except for the asymmetry.  I did skip para 6.4.4 part 8, the
crystal filter "wire twisting" adjustment - could this filter response be
related (roofing filter drift, etc)?

I did not dig into the radio to pin down the problem, but would like your
(or anyone else's) thoughts if you have seen this before or have a
suggestion where to look.  Otherwise, it's a beautiful receiver.

73,

Rocco N6KN

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Al Parker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tom Laird" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [drakelist] TR-4 with one distorted sideband


>
> HI Tom,
>
>     Jim Quinn has mentioned the early soupcan filters.  I rean some tests
> on 3 of them a few yrs ago, I've  pasted them in below, you may need to
> adjust for the margins.  The info may answer some of your questions on
> freq., etc.   You should make sure your carrier freq. is, in fact, inside
> the upper & lower freqs., and centered.  I've had one that fell outside,
> and the filters were OK.
>
>                 I have run tests on 3 different "soupcan" filters, to
> determine actual frequency, and loss.  Input & output were each loaded
> with 3300 ohms.  URM 25D signal generator, Tektronics 453 scope, DSI 5600A
> freq. ctr used as test instruments.
>
>. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to