Fred Kimble wrote:


Hi gang:
I just bought a TR-4 and AC-4 Power Supply and it was almost DOA.  It
blew a fuse in the p/s and I put another in and same.  I looked in the
p/s for all the obvious stuff but nothing.  Any ideas? I really am
depressed on this I can't afford to spend about $200.00 for
repair..Thanks
Fred  AI5I


Fred -


There is a good article on troubleshooting the AC-4 power supply at

<http://www89405.temp.w1.com/DrakeArticles/TechTips/PowerSupplyTroubleshooting.htm>

If you determine that the supply is OK, then you can start in on the transmitter. There aren't too many faults in the TR-4 that can blow the power supply fuse. Two most likely are a short on the HV (650V DC) supply line or the filament supply line, often at the connector.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to