"Jim Shorney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
----------------------------------------------------------------------
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:32:35 -0500, Donley wrote:

>I have a Shape Magnetronics Inc (Addison, IL) regulating transformer, catalog 
>number W2136, that is supposed to regulate output voltage to 120 volts with 
>input varying between 102 and 130 volts AC. I don't know enough to make it 
>work.


It sounds like you have a ferroresonant transformer. They do tend to hum
(sometimes quite loudly) in operation. The output may not be a pure sinewave.

I would not be surprised to find the primary and seconday tied together on
the neutral side of the line.

>1. Can anyone recommend a tutorial source for schematics and operating theory 
>on regulating transformers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_regulator
http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_9/6.html


73

-Jim

--
Ham Radio NU0C
TR7/RV7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C, L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, HyGain 
3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!

HyGain 3750 User's Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HyGain_3750/


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Zerobeat Web Page:  www.zerobeat.net - sponsored by www.tlchost.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to