HI all,
I got hi rez picks from Radio Mart.  I looked them over good.  Here's my
opinion.
1.  A EXTRA nice looking radio, looks little used with original gray case.
2.  It does have the split rear panel, and the sn is 515x...can't confirm the
last digit.
3.  TR7A face plate, that looks original.
4.  No idea of the proper boards, since no "inside" picture.
5.  No "TX" marked jack on rear panel.  Nor does the spare RCA jack have the
black insulating washer found on most TR7A's..  My reference was 12129 that I
previously owned, and others I've seen.  There is a TR7A on ebay at present
priced at $950 to start.

So for lack of more information on boards included and the lack of the coverted
TX jack, this is no doubt a "converted" TR7.

At the end of production, Drake "may" have dumped some TR7 parts in Europe
which included some TR7A front panels.  This may account for the Holland ham's
recollection of "upgraded" TR7's to TR7A's.

In any event an upgraded TR7 to a TR7A was done by Drake, but never with a A
front panel.  This has been confirmed over and over again.  What a supplier did
in Europe, we have no idea.  One thing is clear.  If the serial number is not
over 11000 or so, its not a "real" or "authentic" TR7A.  It it were mine, I'd
find a parts radio and correct the front panel !!

Simply a very nice TR7.
73's
David
Wd9cmd