  From: John Stringer
  To: David & Chris Drake ; drakelist@zerobeat.net
  Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 4:10 PM
  Subject: RE: [Drakelist] TR7A on Ebay

  If the definition of a genuine TR7A is one that was produced in Miamisburg I
believe that the following 4 criteria apply with item 4 being TOTALLY critical:

  1.  Front Panel perspex strip reads TR7A.
  2.  Serial number above about 11000 (mine is 11365)
  3.The  spare RCA connector on the back is now used and labelled TX in bold
black print.
  4.  THIS IS THE CRITICAL ONE! There is a screened lead from the RCA connector
mentioned and it goes to the board right beside the 4 pin microphone plug. This
lead is inextricably woven into the wiring harness that goes from back to front
of the radio.When you look at it you will realise that this could only have
been done at the factory.

  I believe this is a conclusive test.
  John. GI3KDR.