Ron,

I don't disagree with "in some cases purchasing a TR7A is a buyer beware."

But I must say that IF the TR-7 has had all the modifications that
upgrade a TR-7 to a TR-7A, the only remaining significant difference
is the use of a '1496 balanced modulator in the 2nd IF/Audio board
rather than the diode detector.  For all the other changes, Drake
supplied the components and installation instructions free of charge.
What a company!

73,
Tom, AG9X