I am curious as to just how many TR-5's were manufactured by Drake.

Just this past week while "reading the mail" on 75 meters I heard one station
say only 512 were produced.  This number matches with a current eBay listing
where the seller again used the number 512.  However, my  TR-5 is serial # 1368
and WB4HFN's serial number data bank has one listed with a serial # of 1514.

Additionally, I heard that some were being shipped to a country in South
America and the ship sank during a storm.  Is there any truth to this rumor?

Can someone familiar with the TR-5 please clarify these numbers and the rumor?

Thanks                  Ed         K2ZE